Part 1: Trauma and Brain Development
This two-hour presentation will help with:
- Understanding the impact of trauma on brain development;
- Explore the common behaviours that we might see as a result of compromised brain development;
- Introduction to the Window of Tolerance and the 'trauma lens' for trauma based symptoms and behaviours to inform support strategies.
Part 2: Trauma Informed Strategies for Complex Behaviours
This two-hour presentation covers:
- Building new pathways: Repair strategies based on the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (Bruce Perry) for children who have experienced early childhood trauma;
- Building the Window of Tolerance: Practical strategies to be used on a daily basis to prevent challenging behaviour;
- Trauma informed response strategies for common behaviours such as defiance, hyperactivity, sleep problems and aggressive behaviour.
Part 3: Creating a Secure Base - Attachment Focussed Strategies
This two-hour presentation:
- Provides an attachment focussed framework and how to develop therapeutic relationships with children and adolescents who have experienced early attachment ruptures;
- Strategies to create safe and therapeutic environments for traumatised children and adolescents;
Putting it all together - Reviewing trauma informed care in daily life.