Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) enables employers and organisations to provide staff (and their immediate family members in some cases) with access to confidential counselling and support for work or personal issues and concerns. We can provide preventative and proactive interventions to address work and personal problems that may negatively impact an employee’s wellbeing and work performance. All of our EAP counsellors are qualified psychologists or accredited mental health social workers who provide professional, evidence-based, best-practice interventions.
At The Hummingbird Centre we are committed to workplace wellbeing and promoting a positive work culture. We understand that having healthier, happier employees translates to a healthier, happier and more productive organisation.
Personal and work problems can impact a range of importance elements of a person’s performance and functioning at work. Our EAP counsellors are skilled and experienced in addressing a wide range of presenting issues, improving coping, and enhancing health, wellbeing, mental health and quality of life.
They can assist with difficulties such as:
- Stress management
- Family or relationship issues
- Preventing or managing burnout
- Emotional distress
- Anxiety or worry
- Depression or low mood
- Conflict in the workplace or home
- Loss and grief
- Life transitions and adjustment to change
- Sleep difficulties
- Communication problems
- Self-esteem and confidence
- Decision making
- Practical problem-solving skills
- Anger management
- Improving well-being and self-care
- Work-life balance
- Domestic and family violence
Printable tip sheets for Managers
Please call 02 4946 0919 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We can tailor your Organisational EAP to suit your business:
- Capped Sessions per Employee
- Optional family members
- Specify actuation time-frames
- Usage Statistics
- Service Reporting
- Specify Referral Pathways
- Employee Psychological Assessments
- Workplace Mental Health posters and materials
- Face-to-face appointments
- Telehealth appointments
- No registration fee
- No minimum spend
Benefits for Employers and Employees
Addressing work and personal concerns of employees can result in a range of benefits for both employers and employees including:
- Improved workplace culture and wellbeing
- Improving staff satisfaction
- Improving staff relations
- Improving team and manager morale and engagement
- Decreased absenteeism
- Decreased presenteeism (employees attending work but unable to effectively perform duties)
- Reduced staff turnover
- Reduced sick leave
- Higher levels of job satisfaction in staff and managers
- Higher staff productivity and performance
- Decreasing risk and liability
- Decreasing the risk of burnout
- Decreasing stress in the workplace for both employers and employees
- Decreased costs to the organisation (e.g. due to factors such as excessive sick leave, additional risk management requirements, decreased productivity, increased recruitment, etc).
How The Hummingbird Centre EAP Works:
We work with our clients to develop an understanding of your organisation’s work culture, priorities, and EAP requirements.
Our EAP coordinators will work with you to develop a plan that best suits the needs of your business. This may include tailoring aspects of the service such as:
• How many sessions per calendar year are to be made available to your staff under EAP.
• Whether you wish to allow immediate family members of your staff to access EAP.
• Maximum time frame for appointment bookings (e.g., within 72 hours of an enquiry).
• Processes – e.g., staff self-referral, referral through a supervisor or an EAP coordinator within the workplace, cancellation policy, etc.
• Reporting/feedback requirements on service use (e.g., de-identified statistics such as number of sessions attended or number of staff accessing EAP within a given period of time).
Once we are confirmed as your chosen EAP provider, your staff can contact us directly to make an appointment on (02) 4946 0919 or email EAP@hummingbirdcentre.com.au.
We are also happy to discuss alternate referral pathways for your staff.
Our counsellors will provide confidential psychological assessment and support and may also utilise a range of modalities for intervention including teaching skills and strategies, introducing relevant apps and digital methods of support, and provide information and other resources and referrals where appropriate.
We provide promotional material including staff information flyers, posters to place in work areas to increase awareness of EAP and outline the process for making an appointment, regular wellness tips and sheets for staff.
We offer EAP appointments via face-to-face, video, or phone sessions. For face-to-face appointments we currently have 4 locations for our consulting rooms, providing flexibility and ease of access for your staff to attend in person.
Unlike some EAP providers, The Hummingbird Centre does not charge registration or management fees for EAP services. Our fees are all-inclusive, with no hidden fees or charges, and there is no minimum